Friday, May 15, 2009

Intel IS Involved

Today was a celebration of Intel volunteering in the community, held at Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland.  There were bands and ice cream and lots of folks.  And big ole checks handed out to worthy organizations.  The American Cancer Society and the Ronald McDonald House received checks, and I was able to touch base with Karla (my ACS gal) and Lyndsey (my RMH gal).  That was wonderful, and I'm glad to be a small part of help those organizations gather up funds.

There were also lots of news people out and about, reporting on the festivities.   Hey, I've seen this guy on TV!  Coolness.

My friend Kathy has also seen this gentleman on TV and made a point to talk with him about Relay For Life.  You go girl!  We're going to kick cancer's butt yet, and we're going to need all the help we can get.

Hey!  Victor!  What did I tell you about getting that arm of yours in the way when I'm trying to take a picture of that cute girl standing next to you??

Not that your arm isn't cute.  Really, it has a certain charm all it's own.  But come on man!


Here she is.  Too gosh darn cute.

Quite an event, and the weather was amazing!  

I didn't take a picture, but I had myself some coffee ice cream from Ben & Jerry's.  Oh man, it was GOOD!!!

Almost as good as CAKE.  Almost.

Here she is again.  Cutie.

And Victor's cute arm.

Ah, security is out and about as well.  You sure don't see folks on these contraptions very much, do you??

Kathy gets the word out to another local news person.  Get the word out the Kathy.  Cancer needs a smack down and we need to get everyone involved.  

No comments: