Thursday, May 21, 2009

I will never forget

May 21st, 1976, is the date of the Yuba City HS bus crash: I wrote it about it last year.   This time of year is difficult for me, even now.  My sister Linda says the same thing.  She was in the choir, and would have been on the bus, but due to having to make up a math class she wasn't able to make the trip.  I am SO glad she wasn't there.  

Cari is named after my friend Carrie Emrich.  Carrie was sassy, very smart, funny as heck, had a wry sense of humour, and followed a different drummer.   Cari is all of these things and more.  I am so proud of her, and I know Carrie would have been thrilled that she is her namesake.  She would love how brave she is.

And as I said last year, I will never forget.  The accident shaped my life, made me realize that life can't be taken too seriously, and that we have to be there for others.  Make the world a better place.  Make a difference.  

No comments: