Friday, June 26, 2009

No, it says Stitch and Pitch!

Last night was the Stitch and Pitch with the Portland Beavers. Here I am, arriving.


Okay, you gotta love a big ole turtle greeting you!
When I went to pick up my will call ticket the woman at the window thought my shirt said 'bitch and pitch', rather than stitch and pitch....GADS!

Here's Amy: say hello folks!

This lovely lady found the pattern for the hat on the Stitch and Pitch website. She did a great job!

Here I am with the board showing the local knit shops: Amy's amazing husband put it together.

Our table was right next to the lovely lady in the red swimsuit.

I got to go sit down and check out the game. There are days I could use someone stretching me out....

Folks prepare to cheer the Beavers on and knit up a storm.

See what I mean?

Lucky works the crowd.

Yep, that's us!

I was amazed at how many knit shops there are around here!

My favorite name for one of the many shops around the Portland area.

I loved watching her at work.

And hanging out with her friends, just having a good time. That's what it's all about.


The game. Nuff said.

Hmm...time for a talk.

I wouldn't want to be in on that discussion.

Okay, we'll see if that did any good.

Yeah! Stitch and Pitch!

Time for the door prizes during the 7th inning stretch.

We got some amazing gifts. You can see Amanda in the background: my other pictures of her are very blurry. I was so lucky to get to work with Amy and Amanda.

See, blurry? But I wanted you to see her happy face at winning a great gift.

A good time was had, some leanings for next year, and even though the Beavers lost, it was a fun evening.

1 comment:

KCina said...

MARY--I had NO idea you were doing this again this year...I would have been there...I've been stitching up a storm.

I love the Naked Sheep Knit shop in NE Portland...it's a block away from one of our favorite Italian deli's....tell me when you are doing it next year, I'll be there!!
~ Kathy