Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Years!!

2008: it's finally here. Can't believe it. Looking back on this holiday, I realize how lucky we are. All the kids are doing great, David and Gavin are now members of our family (lucky girl you are Rachel), my mom is doing well (and I'm thankful for this EVERYDAY and I think about her and how much I love her), my dad is ornery as ever, mom and dad V are happy and busy and adorable as ever, our families are hanging in there and growing in experience and joy, and we had a great holiday. I mean, look at the JOY on Doug's face at his gift...I mean, can't you see the glow? You can't? Me either, but heck, Christmas only comes once a year! Ho, ho, ho Doug.

And one of the best things about this season is pulling out the Xmas ornaments from throughout the years. This is one I was so happy to buy, for a son and a daughter. I'm sure you're suppose to give these to your son or daughter, but I was so thrilled to have both that I bought them for ME! I love my children and this reminds me.

So as Deacon has been known to say, "Merry Christmas, and God bless us, everyone!"

(okay, so he stole that last line, but for gosh sakes people, he's a dog!)

No comments: