Sunday, February 28, 2010

Are you ready for NPD???

I got up this morning, made some coffee, and hung out with the dog. He's so darn cute!!

Tomorrow, March 1st, is National Pig Day. I heard about this, and realized I had the perfect idea on how to celebrate.

I've had this magazine for quite a while, and I've wanted to give these cookies a go.

They were fun, but putting the butterscotch chips in the marshmallows was not fun! And the cookies didn't rise as much as I would have liked, so I think the next time I'll chill the dough before I bake it. I like trying new things.

I met up with Cari and we went walking through Portland. I love looking at the homes, there are so many beautiful homes with such character.

We stopped for some coffee and breakfast. I got a peanut butter and banana sandwich on cinnamon bread, and some coffee.

The coffee was SO GOOD. I can't tell you just how good it was. I would go here everyday for coffee if I lived closer. Come to think of it, I should ask what type of coffee they use.

Cari enjoyed her coffee as well. We talked and caught up and I had a good time. I love my daughter so very much.

So, for NPD, I baked up some pig cookies, glazed them, and added some itty bitty hearts. And some cookies got some sprinkles.

My friends Tyler, Alex, Chole, and their dad Casey were back at the house. They had gone home, but now the littlest sister is going to be transferred up to a hospital in Seattle, so they'll be taking off early Tuesday morning. I'm going to miss them so much. I got hugs all around, and Chole gave me a little kiss and that was very touching. Tyler and Alex would hang out with me while I bake, and Chole had lots and lots of questions. Here Alex shows off his new helmet: it has all kinds of cool features, and he's going to have a lot of fun with it. I wish them all the best, and Tyler and I agreed to email each other. He's a good friend.

No comments: