Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Aloha Sandy!

Today was my friend Sandy's last day at Intel. Retirement after 32 years. Wow. We went out for lunch at Stanfords to celebrate and say goodbye.

Jennifer prepares to take pictures. She takes such good ones: I wanna be her when I grow up.

Rhonda, Kseniya, Don, Rose, James, and Laure wait for the guest of honor to arrive.

Here she is! Sandy begins to open her gift. One of the gifts was a pack of candy cigarettes. An inside joke. One of those DMIS things, LOL.

Gullan came along for the lunch: she retired a couple of years ago.

Sandy checking out her stash. And wearing her crown proudly. What a good sport!!!

Don, Kseniya, Kathy, Laura, and Nicole watch as Sandy checks out her stash.

Hi Rhonda! Hey Kseniya! Well hello there Don and Rose!

Jennifer and Gullan catch up.

Group pose.
Diana brought flowers: how sweet!!

Diana creates amazing necklaces and she gave Sandy one. It is beautiful.

Sandy and I go back a long way. When I was a lead in Sort she was one of the planners I worked with, having to tell her, "No, those wafers won't be done in time to ship!", or working out how best to meet our commitments. And she hired me into DMIS and I am so grateful to her for that. I LOVED working for her and I LOVED working with her and I will MISS her very much.

No comments: