Friday, April 24, 2009

Rocking out

Last night was a thank you event for the volunteers at the Ronald McDonald House. Lots of good food, great music, and wonderful people were there.

This is Jill and Max. Jill is one of my favorite folks at the house, and I ADORE Max. He is one of the best natured babies I've ever met. And he's too darn cute as well.

Lots of good food and CAKE. Yes folks, you know how I feel about CAKE.

And yes Jennifer: it doesn't matter that I had a peanut buster parfait at Dairy Queen earlier that day. Nope. Mary had CAKE. A very, very small piece, but still CAKE. And Mary was happy.

CAKE.

A very nice note from some of the families.

And the music was wonderful. Happy and light and they were good! One of the girls staying at the house played the violin for some of the songs and she did a great job. She's so talented, so I wasn't surprised at how well she played. That made the evening even better.

Cute boys were there. Even better evening.


And gifts! We got bags and coffee mugs. I like gifts. A good evening was had by all.

And no matter what they say: I get SO MUCH MORE than I give at the House. So much more.

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

Your such a good person. We should all be so lucky to have a person like you in our lives.