Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big Ole Flag

Yesterday was Doug and Megan's birthday and I celebrated their births by going into Portland and taking part in the Big Flag ceremony at the minor league all star baseball game. Intel gave their volunteers the chance to take part.

Do I know how to celebrate birthdays or not?

I arrived at the park nice and early.

Saw a big ole head.

We gathered on the field and began to practice. Hey, I said it was a big ole flag.

This gentleman kept us all in line and I have to say he did a great job.

"Keep it moving folks, keep it moving'.

I'm just waiting to begin doing my part.

We unfurled the flag as the national anthem was being sung, and right after the anthem 2 F-15s flew over. THAT was amazing.

Oh, and the San Diego Chicken showed up, to hang out with Lucky, our own little Beaver mascot.

Happy day after your Birthday Doug and Megan.

No comments: