Friday, May 16, 2014

Thursday I began the day working on making more Love Rocks, using one of Mom's Relay Survivor shirts. Lire was very interested and wanted to be in the thick of things.

I worked on making cards.
I so love doing that.
Keeps me away from baking (trying to get away from having sugar as much as possible, so trying to curtail baking and card making helps big time!)

 
Mark and I left later that afternoon to go out for dinner and then to the Relay meeting. We first stopped by Mark's work so he could pick up something. I took a walk.
 
Flashback Friday. This church is close to Mark's work. When Cari was 4 I took her to a wedding of a friend. As the ceremony began two young girls walked up the aisle and began to light the candles. As they finished I heard someone singing, loud and clear, "Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!" Everyone around us giggled. I shoosed her and the ceremony continued. A woman sang a lovely song... and apparently Cari really enjoyed it as she gave the woman a standing ovation! I told her you don't clap at the end of a song at a wedding (but who knows, maybe this is an idea whose time has come?) and shortly after this she basically fell asleep during the rest of the wedding. The bride got a real kick out of this when she found out and told me she was sorry she missed it!
 
Walking back to Mark's work.
 
I love the  country side here near Mark's work.
Love Oregon!!

No comments: