Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good morning Tigard!


Planned on sleeping in until 6:30 am, but found myself wide awake at 5. Darn. So got myself up, fed the cat, got the dog some peanut butter in his 'kong', make myself a cup of coffee, and jumped on the computer while the getting was good. Steven has been doing lots and lots of homework, so I can't very well take it away from him. I'm so proud of how hard he's working on doing well in school. Okay, so I don't get to the computer so much. It's a living.

In a couple of hours I'm going to head on in to Beaverton, going to the Nike campus for training. One of my friends, Shelia, is a team captain (that's her and me in the first photo) for the upcoming 'Portland to Coast' run and one of the requirements for each team is that they HAVE to provide three volunteers. She does a lot of volunteering, she's always been there for me, so I figured I would help her out as well. The volunteer training is at the Tiger Woods building, so I'm excited to go there and check it out.

The funny thing about this is when we signed up for our volunteer times you signed up for a 'hand off' slot. No times listed, etc. So I signed up, I got my first choice, and it ended up being for 5:30 AM outside of St. Helens! OUCH! LOL. Oh well, I am an early riser folks. Now I know why the folks that set this up didn't list out the actual times of volunteering.......

No comments: