I'm putting together my 'life list' for my lovely new year of being 57. So many possibilities!!!
How lucky am I???
- I love to bake. I don't love to cook. But I want to have meals that I can make that I not only enjoy, but aren't a pain to make. Ha! So my goal is to organize a cookbook with at least two weeks worth of meals that I like to make, and Mark and I both enjoy.
- I love baking at the RMH, but I need to watch how many sweets I eat due to realizing that I may have problems digesting sucrose. And I want to keep my weight down. SO, I will put together a list of cookies and cakes that I can bake at all times. These are my 'tried and true' recipes, and I don't need to taste them to know they're good. Since I like to taste new treats I bake, I will not bake new recipes unless I'm at my goal weight of 150 pounds. I don't want to give up baking new things, and tasting them. So this sounds like a good way to 'have my cake and eat it too' (sorry, couldn't resist....)
- I want to experiment with greeting card making, trying new mediums such as colored pencils, oils, etc. Have fun with it!
- I finished the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in 3 hours and 18 minutes this year. My goal in 2013 is to finish the maranthon in under 3 hours. I know I can do it.
- I want to learn to make small gingerbread houses. And not just for Christmas: I saw some cute ones for Valentine's Day. What a fun gift to give!
- I want to use the library as much as possible, and be better about keeping my library books in one place, and turning them in on time! I'm so bad about this! I can do it. I love, love, love the library.
- I want to use snail mail more. I think people are tired of getting only bills and such in the mail, and getting letters only in email. I need to have cards and postcards ready to mail off to parents, sisters, brothers, etc. A letter is a fun gift to get.
- I want to learn more about star gazing.
- I want to go to Crater Lake.
- I want to go to Mt. St. Helens.
- I want to go swiming.
- I want to go to a Portland State football game.
- I want to take a different leg in Portland To Coast.
I think this is a good start. Make it happen!