Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day gifts

Happy Valentine's Day all! Today got me thinking about all the gifts we get. And got me thinking about the wonderful grandparents my children have. My mother and father-in-law are amazing. I've often thought that my children get their class and warm, loving ways from my mother-in-law, and their drive and their stick-to-it-ness from my father-in-law.

A love of reading and again, warm loving ways from my mom.

Artistic talent (for Cari...don't even ask about the boy's artistic talent! OUCH!) and love of sports from my dad (good look dad).

My kids adore their grandparents. They've given them many things, but the most special is the gift of themselves. They adore their grandchildren, and that means more to Mark and I than anything else in the world. Happy Valentine's Day all of you. We love you more than we can say, and we think we're lucky to have such a wonderful family.

No comments: