Saturday, December 7, 2013

Portland Revels

Wow, I only have two more weeks of working at Hands On Greater Portland. Where did the time go?
Each week I've volunteered at a different non-profit.  This last week I volunteered to help set up for the Portland Revels.  Portland Revels celebrates the seasons through song, dance, story and ritual of the past and present, creating community across generations and cultures. 

My friend Capi and I have gone to a couple of performances, and so the chance to help set up appealed to me.  We basically spent all day Thursday setting up the gift shop, food table, will call, and volunteer check in tables.  Their storage area is across the street, so lots of going back and forth.  Thank goodness traffic was light!



This is a mock up of the stage. 
I will be an usher one night next week, and I'll see the performance that night.
I really enjoyed meeting the folks that run this, and the other volunteers.
One of my favorite work days ever!

No comments: