Saturday, September 28, 2013

RMH Auction

Last night was the RMH auction.  I have worked it the last two years and it's always a good time.
Lots of folks who come every year, intending to spend lots of money to support some very deserving families.  I love the spirit in the room at this event.
Last year my friend Chad wore his red high top shoes.  I decided to do the same this year. 
As you can see in the background, Ronald knew his shoes weren't even in the same league as mine, so he left the room.  Sorry Ronald........

Tom Soma, the executive director of Ronald McDonald Houses Charities, is stepping down next year.  He has done an AMAZING job to promote the Houses (there are two in the area), forge good relations with leaders in the communities, and I have to tell you be a friend to the families.  I've seen him many times interact with moms, dads, and kids, and he truly cares about them.  He is not just in the office: to me he had the right balance between getting the job done, and giving it his personal, caring touch.  He will be missed and I wish him much success in whatever awaits him!!

No comments: