Friday, September 27, 2013

Grandma Maxine

My friend Kathy is clearing out stuff to make room to move.  She has inspired me to step up my efforts to clear out stuff.  While going through boxes I found my Mom's Mom's HS Senior yearbook.

Maxine May.  1933.  Amazing.


My Mother went to Waverly HS also.
We lived there before we moved to California when I was four.
If I'd grown up there I would have been surrounded by family.  I have a LOT of family in Waverly.
I missed having grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins around.
My parents would drive us back every so often for a visit.  I tried hard to ensure my children grew up seeing their grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins as much as possible.  I think that is very important.  This is why I love FB: it's given me the chance to know my cousins.  I'm so glad they're my family.
 

Look at that smile. She was known for being one of the sweetest ladies you'll ever know.
I know where my Mom got it.

 

I also found this Christmas card in the same box.

From my Aunt Mike and Uncle Dave and 'all the kids'.
All those kids are now grown and in fact one of them is a Grandmother now!
Aunt Mike would be so very proud of all of them.  We lost her to breast cancer.

Waverly HS. 
Go Tigers!!

No comments: