Sunday, September 14, 2008

Living for the weekend

TGIF. Well, at least it was Friday. And Fridays around our house involve Tigard Football. Mark coaches, and I videotape for the team. Friday was a home game against West Salem.

I LOVE it when the team runs out, with the band playing the Tigard fight song. Always love that. Probably always will.

Here's Mark at the sidelines, waiting for the game to begin. And this was a tough game, with Tigard coming back at the end of the game, two overtimes, and Tigard losing by one point. Very exciting, and while hard to lose, the boys hung in there and everyone got their money's worth at this game!

Saturday morning I went to a cupcake decorating class at JoAnns. It was fun, and we learned how to make four different cupcakes. Above is one of them, with a cute little baby sleeping. One mistake I made was to keep my cupcakes in a baggie: they were soft on the top and difficult to frost. Yuck. But lucky for me we weren't graded on looks, and basically were there to learn. Kseniya and I decided we're going to practice some different techniques, and have some fun with this. I can take decorated cupcakes to the Ronald McDonald House with me, and that will be a kick. Like my kids care about decorated cupcakes....sigh.....

Around 3:3 on Saturday, Doug comes and asks if I can make him a doctor appointment. He broke a bone in his hand! So we went to the emergancy care and got him taken care of. Seems to be a trend of this going on around here.

While Doug and I were at the doctors (about 2 and a half hours, thank you very much), Mark worked on breaking down film for Coach Mitch. Kept him busy, and as you can see he got hungry as well. Working hard. That's my boy.

And of course, we didn't have enough football for the week, so we went to a youth football game at around 7. Eight grade team playing against Southridge. I wasn't able to exercise earlier due to taking Doug to the doctor, so I walked around the campus for a while (it was nice and cool, a perfect evening for a walk), but I made it back for the end of the game. Our friend's son was announcing the game (he's a senior in HS and he was a crack up! Great commentary (was driving Mark nuts), and it was a whole different side of Jeff that I hadn't seen. When one of the kids dropped a ball Jeff loudly announces, "Oh......ball...... fall down!" You had to be there. Really.

No comments: