Sunday, May 11, 2008

And a Happy Mother's Day to all!

Happy Mother's Day everyone! All I wanted for Mother's Day was to go to out to brunch with our entire family and have me some food and some mimosa. Oh yes. I don't need any gift, just some time with all of us together. So we all went out to Salty's in Portland for brunch. Right on the water. We had a wonderful view of the water from our table.

And the food was good. Lots of variety, with seafood for those in our family that like it (not mom) and lots of deserts for those in the family who like it (mom).

Doug enjoying food.

Steven. Not sure if he's enjoying the food.

Cari taking pictures, sharing them with her dad, and Mark enjoying hanging out with his daughter. For us, it's fun to have everyone together, so we enjoy that part of the whole celebration. Don't need much more than that. We love our family.

Oh, okay, okay, I do love my family, but I do love me a mimosa. And it IS Mother's Day, and so a mimosa is in my hand. Lovely way to start a Sunday morning, and it was lovely to have folks waiting on the table who made sure I never ran out of mimosa. A lovely way to spend Mother's Day.

And Doug topped it off with not only a Mother's Day card, but a couple of hand made gift certificates as well. He made them while at work at Mezter School in the Head Start Program, and I love it.

How could you not love getting something like this from a 17 year old?

And how in the heck do you ever collect on it??

I think the answer is 'not in a million years'...oh well, it's the thought that counts. Lovely.

No comments: