Saturday, February 9, 2013

Polar Plunge

Today I decided to celebrate Mark and my 33rd wedding anniversary by taking part in the Polar Plunge.
The Plunge benefits Special Olympics.

Got a kick out of some of the costumes.

Mark was such a good sport and hung out with me. 
He enjoyed it and I think he's going to join me next year!

I made sure I knew where the changing room was.
I didn't want to be in my cold, wet clothes for very long!
Thank goodness this tent was heated.

Here is the beach before the crowds showed up.

This is my friend Bill, who is a coach for Special Olympics.
I'm very proud to be his friend and I was glad to support his efforts in helping this great organization.

Okay, say it.
We're still cute together after all these years.
There.  I said it.  Deal with it.

Yea Special Olympics!

There was a costume contest.

Had to get my picture with the Polar Bear.

I found penguins!
Life is good!

Here we are, waiting in line to run into the river.
It was exciting and for a good cause.
I am so lucky to live in an area that gives me so many opportunites to do stuff like this.  I love my life!

No comments: